All lectures will be recorded and published on YouTube channel.
There will be also optional synchronous recitation/ Q&A sessions on Mondays 13:40-15:30. These sessions will be recorded and published in the ODTUClass.
- Furkan Tokgöz
- Office: Ayaslı ARC-300
- Tel: 0312 210 6093
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- One Midterm Exam: 20%
- Final Exam: 30%
- Laboratory/Simulation Projects: 25%
- Homeworks: 20%
- Participation/In Video Questions: 5%
There will be five online asynchronous laboratory sessions. You are required to watch a laboratory session video, and given a practical problem and a Matlab/Simulink simulation template. You’ll be required run the simulation file to answer the lab questions and submit a report with a group of three people.
The following materials will be available to students:
- Weekly Asynchronous lecture videos (~60-90 min/ week), available on YouTube channel.
- Weekly synchronous recitation hours, recordings will be avaiable on ODTUClass
- Lecture presentations (and annotated copies during lectures)
- Laboratory videos and Matlab/Simulink simulation templates
- Solved problem sets, previous exam solutions
Online Lecture’s Presentations
- Week#1: Review of energy conversion
- Week#2: Multiply Excited Systems
- Week#3: Rotating MMF Concept
- Week#4: Introduction to Synchronous Machines
- Week#5: Synchronous Machine Standalone Operation
- Week#5: Synchronous Machine Operating Modes
- Week#6: Synchronous Machine V-curves, Stability Regions
- Week#7: Salient Pole Synchronous Machines
Last Year’s Presentations
- Week#1: Introduction
- Week#1: Review
- Week#2: Induction in a coil- Rotating MMF
- Week#3: MMF Distribution
- Week#4: Pole-pitch, harmonics, electrical angle
- Week#4: Double-layer windings, induced voltage
- Week#5: Induced Voltage Example
- Week#5: Induction Motors
- Week#6: Equivalent Circuit of Induction Motors
- Week#6: Power Flow of Induction Motors
- Week#7: Torque in Induction Motors
- Week#7: Starting Current in Induction Motors
- Week#8: Recitation Hour
- Week#8: Control of Induction Motors
- Week#9: Synchronous Machines
- Week#10: Synchronous Machine Standalone Operation
- Week#11: Synchronous Machine Operating Modes
- Week#12: Synchronous Machine V-curves, Stability Regions
- Week#12: Salient Pole Synchronous Machines
- Week#14 : Single Phase Induction Motors
How can I convert slides to pdf?: In Chrome, use print preview then save to pdf.
You can download PDF versions of all presentations from this link. Note that, PDF versions can be out-dated, so please check the html versions for the newest version.
- Electric Machinery & Transformers, Guru and Hızıroğlu, Saunders College Publishing, 3rd ed. 2001.
- Electric Machinery, Fitzgerald, Kingsley and Umans, McGraw-Hill, 6th ed. 2003.