- Tuesday: 9:40-10:30 EA208
- Thursday: 10:40-12:30 EA208
- Office Hour: Tuesday 10:40-11:30 (but feel free to email me to schedule any other slot available to you).
- Week#1: Introduction
- Week#1: Review
- Week#2: Induction in a coil- Rotating MMF
- Week#3: MMF Distribution
- Week#4: Pole-pitch, harmonics, electrical angle
- Week#4: Double-layer windings, induced voltage
- Week#5: Induced Voltage Example
- Week#5: Induction Motors
- Week#6: Equivalent Circuit of Induction Motors
- Week#6: Power Flow of Induction Motors
How can I convert slides to pdf?: In Chrome, use print preview then save to pdf.
You can download PDF versions of all presentations from this link. Note that, PDF versions can be out-dated, so please check the html versions for the newest version.
- Electric Machinery & Transformers, Guru and Hızıroğlu, Saunders College Publishing, 3rd ed. 2001.
- Electric Machinery, Fitzgerald, Kingsley and Umans, McGraw-Hill, 6th ed. 2003.
- Two Midterms: 20% (Each)
- Final: 30%
- Laboratory: 20% (Attending to all lab sessions is compulsory)
- Homeworks: 10%
- Participation: 3% (Bonus)