For more information about current project and theses, please visit PowerLab research group page.
Completed MSc Theses
- Doğa Ceylan, Electromagnetic Simulation and Optimization of an Electromagnetic Launcher, 2018
- Mert Bildirici, Reducing the Cost of Electric Transmission and Distribution Systems with Wind Generation by Means of Energy Storage and Demand Side Management, 2018
- Aydın Başkaya, Design of a Modular, Axial-flux Direct Drive Permanent Magnet Generator For Wind Turbines, 2018
- Melih Var, Improvement of the Electric Field Distribution in the Medium Voltage Gas Insulated Inductive Voltage Transformer, 2017
- Öztürk Şahin Alemdar, Design and Implementation of an Unregulated DC/DC Transformer Module Using LLC Resonant Converter, MSc Thesis, pdf version, 2016.
- Mario Recio Lara, Development of a mobile phone application to detect speed and faults of electrical machines, MSc Thesis, University of Edinburgh, 2013.
- Marzia Akbari, Comparison and control of power take-off systems for combined wind/wave energy platforms, MSc Thesis, University of Edinburgh, 2013.
Ongoing PhD Theses
- Mehmet Özcan, Optimum Bidding Strategy for Renewable Energy Generation With Storage in Turkey’s Day Ahead Market
- Mesut Uğur, Design of an Integrated Modular Motor Drive (IMMD) for Traction Applications
- Hüseyin Yürük, Design of Fault Tolerant Servo Motor Drives
- İlker Şahin, Model Predictive Control Strategies for Power Electronic Converters and AC Drives
Ongoing MSc Theses
- Erencan Duymaz, Contributing Grid Frequency by Using Synthetic Inertia Implementation in Wind Turbines Coupled to Grid via Power Electronics
- Aysel Akgemci, Hybrid Excited Synchrnous Generator Design and Comparison of Direct Drive Wind Turbines
- Hakan Temiz, Grid Impedance Estimation Based Adaptive Controller Design for Back-to-Back Wind Turbine Power Converters for Stable Operation in Distorted and Weak Grid
- Furkan Karakaya, Characterization of Enhancement Mode Gallium Nitride(GaN) Power Transistors and Implementation of Gan Power Transistors on Integrated Modular Motor Drive System
- Gökhan Çakal, Design and Implementation of Coreless Axial Flux Permanent Magnet Motor With Printed Circuit Board Windings
- Mehmet Kaan Mutlu, Limited-jerk Sinusoidal Trajectory Design for Field Oriented Control of Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor With H-infinity Optimal Controller
- Aykut Demirel, Condition Monitoring and Fault Diagnosis of Electrical Motor Drive Systems
- Lütfi Boyacı, TBA