For more information about current project and theses, please visit PowerLab research group page.
Completed MSc Theses
- Melih Var, Improvement of the Electric Field Distribution in the Medium Voltage Gas Insulated Inductive Voltage Transformer, 2017
- Öztürk Şahin Alemdar, Design and Implementation of an Unregulated DC/DC Transformer Module Using LLC Resonant Converter, MSc Thesis, pdf version, 2016.
- Mario Recio Lara, Development of a mobile phone application to detect speed and faults of electrical machines, MSc Thesis, University of Edinburgh, 2013.
- Marzia Akbari, Comparison and control of power take-off systems for combined wind/wave energy platforms, MSc Thesis, University of Edinburgh, 2013.
Ongoing PhD Theses
- Mesut Uğur, Design of an Integrated Modular Motor Drive (IMMD) for Traction Applications
- Hüseyin Yürük, Design of Fault Tolerant Servo Motor Drives
- İlker Şahin, Model Predictive Control Strategies for Power Electronic Converters and AC Drives
Ongoing MSc Theses
- Doğa Ceylan, Electromagnetic Simulation and Optimization of an Electromagnetic Launcher
- Mert Bildirici, Reducing the Cost of Electric Transmission and Distribution Systems With Wind Generation by Means of Energy Storage and Demand Side Management
- Aydın Başkaya, Design of a Modular, Axial-flux Direct Drive Permanent Magnet Generator for Wind Turbines
- Erencan Duymaz, Contributing Grid Frequency by Using Synthetic Inertia Implementation in Wind Turbines Coupled to Grid via Power Electronics
- Lütfi Boyacı, TBA
- Onur Tek, TBA
- Aysel Akgemci, TBA
- Aykut Demirel, TBA
- Hakan Temiz, TBA
- Latif Çandır, TBA
- Mehmet Kaan Mutlu, TBA