For more information about current project and theses, please visit PowerLab research group page.
Completed MSc Theses
- Furkan Karakaya, Characterization of GaN Transistors and Development of Bi-directional DC/DC Converter With Half-Bridge Having Short Circuit Protection for Parallel Switches, PDF, 2020
- Gökhan Çakal, Design and Implementation of Coreless Axial Flux Permanent Magnet Motor With Printed Circuit Board Windings, 2020
- Lütfi Boyacı, Proton Irradiation and Gamma Ray Irradiation Testing Studies on the Commercial Grade GaNFETs to Investigate their Characteristics under the Space Radiation Environment, PDF, 2019
- Aykut Demirel, Condition Monitoring and Fault Diagnosis of Electrical Motor Drive Systems, PDF, 2019
- Mehmet Kaan Mutlu, Limited-jerk Sinusoidal Trajectory Design for Field Oriented Control of Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor With H-infinity Optimal Controller, PDF, 2019
- Hakan Temiz, Grid Impedance Estimation Based Adaptive Controller Design for Back-to-Back Wind Turbine Power Converters for Stable Operation in Distorted and Weak Grid, PDF , 2019
- Erencan Duymaz, Investigation of Inertial Support Limits in Wind Turbines and the Effects in the Power System Stability, PDF, 2019
- Aysel Akgemci, Hybrid Excited Synchrnous Generator Design and Comparison of Direct Drive Wind Turbines, pdf version, 2019
- Doğa Ceylan, Electromagnetic Simulation and Optimization of an Electromagnetic Launcher, PDF, 2018
- Mert Bildirici, Reducing the Cost of Electric Transmission and Distribution Systems with Wind Generation by Means of Energy Storage and Demand Side Management, PDF, 2018
- Aydın Başkaya, Design of a Modular, Axial-flux Direct Drive Permanent Magnet Generator For Wind Turbines, PDF, 2018
- Melih Var, Improvement of the Electric Field Distribution in the Medium Voltage Gas Insulated Inductive Voltage Transformer, PDF, 2017
- Öztürk Şahin Alemdar, Design and Implementation of an Unregulated DC/DC Transformer Module Using LLC Resonant Converter, MSc Thesis, PDF, 2016.
- Mario Recio Lara, Development of a mobile phone application to detect speed and faults of electrical machines, MSc Thesis, University of Edinburgh, 2013.
- Marzia Akbari, Comparison and control of power take-off systems for combined wind/wave energy platforms, MSc Thesis, University of Edinburgh, 2013.
Ongoing PhD Theses
- Mehmet Özcan, Optimum Bidding Strategy for Renewable Energy Generation With Storage in Turkey’s Day Ahead Market
- Mesut Uğur, Design of an Integrated Modular Motor Drive (IMMD) for Traction Applications
- Hüseyin Yürük, Design of Fault Tolerant Servo Motor Drives
- İlker Şahin, Model Predictive Control Strategies for Power Electronic Converters and AC Drives
- Mohammad Mokhtare, TBD
- Öztürk Şahin Alemdar, TBD
- Serhat Özküçük, TBD
Ongoing MSc Theses
- Göksenin Hande Bayazıt, Design and Optimization of a Multiphase Fault Tolerant Permanent Magnet Synchronous Machine
- Hakan Polat, Wireless Charger for Electrical Vehichles Using LLC Resonant Converter
- Hakan Saraç, Control of Fault Tolerant Electrical Machines for Traction Applications
- Furkan Tokgöz, *Design and Comparison of PCB Motor Winding Configurations”
- Enes Ayaz, GaN Applications of Wireless Power Transfer for Wind Turbines
- Nail Tosun, Investigation of Velocity Skin Effect of Convex Railgun Structure With 3D Moving Mesh
- Ogün Altun, TBD